Evolver Prize 2014
Evolver Prize 2013 Top 50 Entries
Evolver Prize 2014
Calling All South West Artists
South West based artists, photographers and designers are invited to submit actual cover size 2D work in any media for selection for the front cover of EVOLVER 82 (July and August 2014 issue) plus £500 and the opportunity to be featured at the b-side Festival.
This year Evolver teams up with b-side and Sherborne House Arts to offer a fantastic additional prize opportunity for artists. b-side will be selecting works from this years entries to be reproduced as large format posters installed on ad shelters at bus stops on the Isle of Portland, Dorset during this year’s b-side Festival, 5 – 14 September 2014.
- Evolver 82 Front Cover
- Work exhibited at the Atkinson Gallery, Millfield, Street, 7 July - 9 August 2014
- Work published in Evolver 82 and exhibited at the Atkinson Gallery, Millfield, Street, 7 July - 9 August 2014
b-side Festival Bus Shelters
- Selected works from final Evolver Prize 50 shown at bus shelters on Portland during this year's Festival, 5 - 14 September 2014
- Simon Barber (Editor, Evolver)
- Paul Maxfield (Director, Atkinson Gallery)
- Oliver Teagle (Winner, Evolver Prize 2013)
- Amanda Wallwork RWA (Artist, curator, B-side Festival, Sherborne House Arts)
- Plus one judge to be confirmed
- Submissions are invited from artists based in the South West region (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Hampshire)
- The work can be in any 2D media and should be an unframed original artwork or high quality print that can be sold at the exhibition.
- The judges will definitely not be looking for a particular style of work. The work submitted should be anything that you believe would make a great front cover.
- The image size of all work submitted must measure 216 x 303mm (That's the actual size of Evolver's front cover plus an extra 3mm all round).
- Artists are advised to take into consideration the position of the [EVOLVER] magazine title in their composition.
- Up to 3 works may be submitted
- A submission fee of £10 per work will be charged
- Original artwork must be sent by post – please see entry form for details. No email entries can be accepted
- Please supply a stamped addressed envelope for return of artwork
- Enquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 29 May 2014